Monday, June 22, 2015

Put a chalkboard on your clay pots.

This is a simple crafters garden project. 

 There has been many a time when I found myself trying to figure out what was growing in the pot that I planted. Tags and plant labels get lost, popsicle sticks get moldy and can't be read and buying plant labels can be quite expensive.
  So I bought a chalk paint that I found in a dollar store. Chalk paint can be found at most hardware stores or try ordering it online. I painted the upper lip of the clay pot on the outside only with the chalk paint and let it thoroughly dry. As I did not want to interfere with how the clay pot works I only painted what I needed to. Then using a chalk marker or a piece of chalk I labeled and decorated the outside of the clay pot rim. You can also use a stencil to paint leaf shaped label areas or other designs, just use your imagination. But remember not to paint the inside of the pot and leave the majority of the outside unpainted as well. One of the advantages to using the clay pot is that the clay helps distribute and wick away excess moisture.

What you will need for this project:

  1. clay pots
  2. chalkboard paint
  3. a good paintbrush
  4. a chalk marker or piece of chalk
  5. optional: stencils of favorite shapes or designs. This is used instead of just painting the rim. Note: be sure and use a design that is large enough to write on.
So there you have a simple craft idea that would make a great gift or a great item to sell at a crafters market.

For this and other craft ideas checkout our other sites and be sure to subscribe.

www.nevadacrafter.com

http://craft44.blogspot.com/

http://patterns44.blogspot.com/

Nevada Crafter on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment